They really love each other so much, and so sweetly show it in different ways.
Maddie idolizes Emma, imitating her, following her around, and going out of her way to share with her and make sure she gets all the same treats, stickers, etc. that she is getting.
Emma graciously lets Maddie do EVERYTHING with her. Baths, sharing rooms, sharing clothes and toys, sharing friends and basically lets Maddie be IN her personal bubble all the time.
Lately, things have changed a little bit as they have matured more.
Maddie still idolizes Emma, but because Maddie is so sassy and strong-willed, she has become Emma's protector, sometimes her voice. Emma so gently plays games with Maddie and "reads" to her, helping and serving her in so many ways.
Recently we have noticed that Emma hasn't been feeling very well. She has always been a heavy sleeper, but she slept 17 hours the other night. She took a 4 1/2 hour nap today. We've noticed her struggling with her speech a little bit, and her hearing quite a bit, especially in her right ear. Her right tonsil is HUGE, so we made her an appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist. He looked at her tonsil and commented it was large. Then looked in her left ear and said, "And she can't hear, can she?" He looked at her right ear and said she can only hear about 5% out of it. We scheduled her surgery to remove her tonsils and adenoids and have ear tubes put in for Friday. Jared had this exact same surgery when he was 2 1/2 years old(with the same doctor, in fact!).
Maddie has worried so much about Emma going to the Dr. She keeps talking about it, and has been a little emotional. I told her she will go to Grandma's house while I take Emma to the Dr. next time, and she almost lost it. She said, "But Emma NEED me. When she wake up, she want me!" We are just talking through it, and hopefully both girls will deal with it better by the time it gets here. But they fell asleep on my bed again today and I found them like this:
I hope they always love and protect each other like this.

5 comments:
Good luck with the surgery!
Your girls are so cute! I miss you guys. Hopefully the surgery will go well. Once everyone is recovered we will have to come visit so your girls can teach my girls how to love each other. :)
Your girls are so sweet. I love that they love each other so much. Good Luck with the surgery. I will pray all goes well. Let me know if you need anything.
Wow! What sweethearts you have!!! They get it from their mom. Praying everything goes well. Love ya lots!!!
We had a similar thing happen with Sophie's ears. She wasn't talking much and she was almost two, and she kept getting ear infections. It turned out she couldn't hear because her ears weren't ever draining. She had five or six ear infections in a matter of months. She got tubes in her ears, which turned out to be really fast and not as big of a deal as I was afraid it would be, and she was so much better afterward that I wondered why we hadn't done it sooner! I hope everything goes great for Emma! I'm sure she will feel lots better once everythign clears out and heals. What cuties you have! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment