Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 10

Today I am grateful for my body, and for my health.

It is truly incredible what I'm physically capable of doing.  Heavenly Father's creations are all so amazing, but I think the human body tops them.  The way everything functions so well together, to jump, run, create life, fights off sickness, repair, and so much more.

And with all the many functions and capabilities, there are also so many things that can become injured or weakened.

As I ran on a steep uphill stretch through a blizzard in a couple of inches of snow in a 5K today, my lungs were on fire, my muscles were burning, my toes were numb, and I was grateful.  What an incredible blessing to even be able to take a deep breath, to even walk... and I was accomplishing something so so beyond that.  I did not walk even one step.  The motto at our house is "We do hard things."  Yes we do.

What a blessing.

PS- Did I mention Jared did the 5K, too?  Oh, and he finished in ONLY 24 MINUTES?!  He's kind of a show off like that.

No comments: