Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 4

Today I am grateful for Miss Madelyn.  She is our early riser, and this morning was no exception-it usually means extra cuddle time with her.  Her vocabulary has exploded this month, and our conversations are always entertaining.  She is so sassy, but also so sweet and loves to help with Briggs and play with Emma.


For the majority of her life, she has been a daddy's girl, through and through.  She cries for him in the night, when she gets hurt she wants him, she wakes up early enough to see him before he goes to work.  But on her birthday, she woke up on my birthday crying for me, and we haven't turned back(haha, two days, but still!).  She and I are buddies.


(Wearing Dad's hat)


This morning we were chatting, this is how the conversation went:

Me:  Maddie, guess what today is?!
Maddie:  Sunday!
Me:  I like Sundays, too.  Why do you like Sundays?
Maddie:  I get to go to class!  I love my class... with my friends- what their names?  Oh!  Whitney!  And my teacher.  We call her sister.  She my sister?  And we sing!
Me:  I like going to class and I like singing, too.  I also like to take the Sacrament.
Maddie:  Me too!  Because that when Jesus comes.  And he make me feel so happy right here (hand on her heart).  Jesus love me, he want me be nice.
Me:  He does.  How can you be nice?
Maddie:  I help Briggs.  And share toys.  Dad nice!
Me:  He is nice.  What does he do that is nice.
Maddie:  He make me oatmeal.  And I eat it all.  And he make me pancakes.  And eggs.  Oh, and sausage.  He a good guy.

In other parts of our conversation she said:
"Uncle Ane your brother.  He loves me.  I love Uncle Ane so much."
"Emma is too tired.  She not like me today."
"Mom you can't have that gum.  You are too big for it."

"

No comments: