Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 6


Day 6: Today I am grateful for FREEDOM! Isn't is great that we get to do what we want to do, be what we want to be, worship how we choose, and have the right to vote for who we want?! We are very blessed- go vote because you can!!

I've been thinking a lot about my political views, and I've found that I don't fit into any category.  I'm not a Republican or Democrat.  I lean to being a conservative, but not completely.  I don't check boxes just because a candidate falls into a specific category.

I was reading one of my favorite blogs this morning and she feels the same way as I do.  The way I vote is based upon what I believe, and what my values are as a Christian. 

She said:  
"And having the Bible as my basis for truth means that:
  • Life (beginning at conception) is sacred (Psalm 139: 13-16)
  • Marriage is a holy, God-ordained joining together of one man and one woman (Mark 10:7-9)
  • Debt weakens an individual’s (and by extension, a country’s) efficacy and strength (Proverbs 22:7)
  • We are to be kind/generous to the poor, but idleness/entitled behavior is wrong (Deuteronomy 15:7-11; 2 Thessalonians 3: 6-12)"
AMEN!  Love this.

NOW GO VOTE!!! :)

No comments: