Thursday, June 10, 2010
I Am a Mother
I was given the book "I Am a Mother" before Madelyn was born, and I absolutely love it. It helps put things in perspective. One of my favorite things that the author, Jane Clayson Johnson, says is, "...Many of us don't remember often enough that we are daughters of God, doing his work." I often forget this. Both girls fell asleep and I started my nightly routine of picking up the same toys, the same books, sweeping the same floor, cleaning the same high chair again, I went into their room to put some things away. As I peeked into Emma's crib as I often do, putting a blanket over her, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am a mother. These are my children, children of God, entrusted to me, and I am doing his work. And it is important. Really important. It seems like I remember that best when they are sleeping, so I snapped a couple of pictures of them sleeping to help remind me. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It always hits me when they are sleeping, too. Thanks for the reminder.
That book is AWESOME! I heard Jane speak at BYU when that book came out and I LOVE IT!!!
That is a great book. I read it a couple times a year. I love the pictures of your daughters sleeping. They look like sweet little angels!!! I'm sure they are too. It is that pure innocence that makes us moms start all over the next day, right? I need to get you the book "I'll do better tomorrow, I promise." It is a kids book, but I think it was meant more for Mom's. I need to come see you soon!!!
Hey Melody just saying hi! They are growing like crazy. And I can leave comments again! YEAH! Miss our morning runs!
That picture of Emma sleeping reminds me so much of you when you were little Melody. I just can't believe the resemblance. It is beautiful just like you.
Post a Comment