(Rock Creek Park- where the race was)Last weekend Twin Falls had the first "Spirit of Magic Valley" 5K and half marathon. Jared, his brothers Kyle and Derek, his sister Mandee, sister-in-law Connie and I all ran our first 5K of the year. We decided it would be a good way to get us running and ready for the half marathon in Pocatello labor day weekend we are all registered for. I decided 2 weeks before this run that I could be ready. That night I got the flu. A week later I got the nasty cold that has been going around. So I ran 3 times since having Maddie and this race. Since I was running with Connie and Mandee, though, I did way better than I thought I would. My time was 34 min. 33 sec. Jared didn't run much before the race, either, but still had a great time of 28 min. 6 sec.
1 comment:
Way to go!! Mike's decided to run more races this summer. Exciting times!!
Post a Comment