Not something I have ever really had a lot of. Then I got married and really haven't had a lot to lose my patience over... until my 16 month old entered the terrible two's early. Wow. At least I hope that is what this is, because if it gets worse at age 2, maybe we could just skip to 3?
I think I'll be working on this virtue for a VERY long time.
Maybe I'll start tomorrow.
Right now I need to go eat a gallon of ice cream.
(Did I mention I've recently learned I am an emotional eater?)
3 comments:
I wouldn't say skip to age 3. It's the new 2 but with the power to climb and back talk. Good luck! It seems like Kate really started acting up a couple of months after Case was born. I totally relate to the gallon of ice cream! Miss you!
I think my almost 12 month old has hit those 2's early too! Maybe it's a girl think cause i don't remember Ethan acting like that at that age!
Oh, Melody, we're ALL emotional eaters! lol Just a spoonful of chocolate ice-cream is more calming and therepeutic that beating a pillow or screaming aloud. haha Love and Logic saved me (and still does) whenever my kids show incredible defiance. I would just give them 2 choices for the little things like what shirt to wear, which toothbrush they want to use that night, and then they felt more in control so they don't give me as many power struggles. It's genius!
Good luck with this age. You're an awesome mommy and can tackle this for sure!
Post a Comment