Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 1- Roadblock and Motivation

Dresser day! It is amazing how much STUFF I can fit in it! But I ran into a little roadblock- my husband's things. Do you sort through your husband's clothes? Because I'm not sure he would like that too much. Then again, he might not even notice! I also started on the closet and have 2 bags already! 1 of just garbage and 1 for DI. It already feels good.

So part of my motivation for our room is that it doesn't feel very welcoming. I've never done much decorating in there and I really want to. I finally have some ideas accumulated and plans to do the projects involved in my room transformation. But I want to get rid of all the STUFF first. I'm going to make this bedspread and these lamps(in a different color scheme, but this gives you an idea). I got the pics and tutorial HERE.



I also have a couple of fantastic ideas I got from Nate Berkus for my headboard and bookshelf. I seriously can't wait to get started but I need the clutter gone first!

PS- Husband came home and organized his dresser AND closet stuff on his lunch break. So now I have a head start on tomorrow! What a good man!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to see how everything turns out! I think we have all been bitten by the spring cleaning bug because all I want to do is GET RID OF STUFF!!! We brought two huge boxes and 2 pictures to DI on Saturday and I haven't even started to really begin!

Rachel Hansen said...

Those ideas look great! I always have to wait for Bradley to go through his stuff too. I make Bradley piles and gently remind him to go through them.