Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's kind of a big deal.

I'm a wishy-washy potty trainer. I understand the benefits of going cold turkey, but my sanity and my family couldn't have handled that. So we have eased into it. But after only a couple of months, Emma is really close. She still has moments and even days where we both get frustrated, but she is pretty good at staying dry and telling me she needs to go. Last Sunday she stayed dry for all of church!

But our roadblock has been #2. Honestly, she has never gone #2 in the toilet. She knows eventually my wishy-washiness will result in a diaper and she'll be able to relieve herself. But tonight she did it!! And you would have thought we won the lottery at our house. We cheered and danced and partied it up, because you know what? I'm a mom and I love celebrating those little successes.

2 comments:

Connie said...

That it so awesome!!! Way to go Emma (and Melody, I know how much work that is.)!! She is growing up too fast.

Rachel Hansen said...

Michael used to do the same thing. We would put in a diaper when he went to bed and half an hour later he would need it changed. It is amazing how well kids can hold it isn't it.