Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dear Madelyn,

Happy Birthday!!  I can't believe you are already 3 years old!  Time flies by so fast!

3 years ago, at this moment, your Dad was driving me to the hospital.  You were born a short 3 hours later at 11 AM.  You were our little "surprise" baby and everyone was so excited to find out if you were a boy or a girl.  We were so excited to have a beautiful baby girl.

The way you came into our family was definitely indicative of your personality- little did we know!  You are eager, excited, fiery, passionate, loving and brave. 

It was love at first sight for you and Emma.  People thought we were crazy, and there were moments when I wondered if we were, but the second your eyes met, I knew you needed each other more than I would ever really understand.   

This smile of yours has been melting our hearts from the very beginning.  You light up the room with your happiness and love for life.

I love the way you stand up for yourself, and others.  We pray that you always have that kind of strength and confidence, and will channel your passion for good as you often do.

Emma could not WAIT for your birthday this year.  This morning at breakfast, you two wanted this "Happy Birthday" picture taken.  I hope you are always there for each other like you are now.


 Your birthday decorations.  Dad picked them out and hung them up for you.  This morning, you just kept saying, "Mom!  Everything is my FAVORITE color!  For my birthday!"

Oh, we love you so much!  Thank you for all you bring to our family, life is happier and more interesting with you in it!  Love you to the moon and back.

Mom



No comments: