Friday, April 5, 2013

Molly Lately

Night 1 with Molly went SO much better than we anticipated.  She barked twice and we took her out to go potty and then she went back to sleep in her crate.  She has only ever had one accident in her crate, which is awesome!  And it only took a couple nights for her to get into a great routine.  We let her into the house for a couple of hours after the kids go to bed every night.  She dozes off under Jared or I's feet until we take her out to go potty and then into her crate for the night.  She then sleeps until 6 AM when I leave and I take her outside to eat and play in the yard.  She comes in a few times a day, but doesn't last very long.  She would MUCH rather be outside playing, which is perfect for our family.


If she ever acts out, we have learned it is because she is just bored, so we teach her a new trick.

Right now, she can, on command:
-Sit
-Stay(various versions of this one)
-Lay
-Crawl
-Shake
-Fetch
-Go potty
-Go bed
-Jump
-Heel

We're also working on rolling over and catching things.

I've been leash training her, and she has days where she does great.  Can't wait for her to be my daily running buddy in a few months.



No comments: