Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lesson Learned(Again)

Today I was trying to sneak a quick shower in.  Before I knew it, Briggs was marching around the bathroom with a permanent marker in each hand, cap off, and marker on his hands and leg.  I hurried to stop him and reprimand him.  Doesn't he KNOW we don't play with those?!?

A couple of minutes later he brought me the little notebook scrap he had been coloring on, and said, "Mom, picture, you!"  He really didn't color anywhere except for on that and the little bit on his body, which I assume was accidental.  He was trying to be sweet and color a special picture just for me(the girls do things like that all the time, he probably learned it from them).

Why don't I always take the time to see and hear them before reacting?  This is definitely not the first time that I wish I had taken it all in before reacting a situation.  Maybe I learned my lesson this time?  


1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

Oh my goodness, that is so cute!!! I love that he was drawing a picture for you. Lessons like that happen with all moms I am sure. Kids teach us so much! He is seriously so cute! All you kids are!