Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 2

Day 2- I'm so grateful for the amazing people in my life! My niece was baptized this morning, and it was incredible to watch her be surrounded by those who love her. Then we came home to (hopefully) finish our fence. Our kids pitched in and helped. Family members and friends just kept showing up and went to work without us ever asking. Others watched the kids, brought over yummy birthday treats, ran errands. I had so many sweet messages on Facebook and phone calls. Then we were able to go bowling with a group of great friends while Jared's parents watched our kids. At the end of the day, I can't help but be overwhelmed with gratitude for the people Heavenly Father has put in my life.
Lots of hard workers!!  Briggs was counting pickets for us.  Brendan picked some up and started to walk off and Briggs said, "Hey!!  I was counting those!!"  Emma was handing brackets and screws to Jared.  Maddie is taking a break and eating an apple here.  And obviously I wasn't working hard because I was taking these pictures! :)


The beautiful and delicious birthday cake made my friend, Lori- http://decadentdesignsbylori.blogspot.com/.  So yummy!  And I don't even like cake normally!

After getting done with the fence, Jared's brother was throwing a football with his boys, and his wedding ring flew off into our grass.  Once again, everyone pulled together to search (on hands and knees) for his ring.  We eventually found it.  I also think this picture perfectly depicts Derek and Connie's relationship.  Does not surprise me one bit that he would be on the ground combing through grass and leaves for his wedding ring.  They are so sweet.

The fence, from beginning to end.  Day 1- Holes measured, marked and dug.  Hit a water line this day.  Our friend Rob and Jared's dad helped this day, Spike loaned us his tractor and auger.

Day 2- Posts set and cemented.  Of course there was more marking, measuring and leveling.  My dad drove all the way here to help this day.

I just wanted to show how perfectly straight this fenceline is.  This is a picture once all of the posts were set.  They are so in line that you can only see the first.  Impressive, huh?  Jared's attention to detail is part of why he is so great at doing projects.

Day 3- Filled in the holes with dirt, and put up rails and pickets.  SO much help today!  Derek and his boys, Rob and his family, Mark.


Finished!  Beautiful, huh?

On Day 1, they hit the water irrigation line(that is for the whole neighborhood!).  It is hard to tell, but it is a 3 inch pipe and not a good one to hit.

On Day 3, when the fence was done, MORE help showed up and we were able to get the pipe fixed, too.  I also love this picture because Briggs is standing the exact same way as Jared, with his hands on his hips.  We often joke about how much that little boy loves his Grandpa, but his Dad is still his hero first.

No comments: