Jared left for work early this morning, while I was up feeding Anderson. I would love to go back to sleep, but my brain just doesn't want to turn off.
I'm so grateful for this time of year, the extra focus on what is really important. I'm feeling some nudges to do less in order to be more.
I find I'm always having to rewind and simplify my life. It isn't always easy to sacrifice the things I think I want for the things I need.
Today, I resolve to be better- more patient and understanding, more focused on my role as a mother. Not just any mother, but a mother in Zion, a "mother who knows", a mother with great moral influence and responsibility. Heavenly Father entrusted these four amazing spirits to Jared and I, and I'm so grateful.
Last night, as I tucked Emma in, we were taking about who she is... smart, beautiful, fast, kind, a good friend, a great big sister, loved by Heavenly Father, a princess in His kingdom. She stopped its conversation and said, "Mom! I forgot to pray!!" She got on her knees and thanked Him for "letting her come here, even though He misses her there."
It hit me again in that moment that he "let" them be a part of our family, and I have a big responsibility to teach and love them.
One of my favorite lines from Briggs these days is, "Mom, don't let me fall!" He usually says it when he is climbing up next to meet on a chair, couch or bed. Sometimes he just says it when we're playing pretend games. But that plea resonates with me.
I know I can't keep my kids from falling sometimes, that is part of learning, but I'm working on building trust that when they do fall I'll be there to catch them and help them back up. Guess where I learned that? From Heavenly Father, who has shown me time and time again that He is there for me, through the big things, but especially through the many tender mercies I am given daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment